What is included in your tour prices?
Tour prices include round trip airfare, accommodations in first class hotels, breakfast and dinner (daily), experienced tour guides, deluxe bus services, sightseeing and entrance fees. Land package pricing is available.
Are your tour packages sold through travel agencies?
Yes, we do sell our products through travel agencies. If you are a travel agency, please contact us for more information.
When is the final payment due?
The final payment for any of our tours, including payment for optional Travel Protection Plan (TPP) insurance, is due 100 days prior to departure. Late fees will be applied after the due date. Click here to learn more about our Travel Protection Plan coverage through Travelex.
Do I need to pay a deposit? When must the deposit be paid?
A deposit of 10% must be made at the time of registration in order to secure your place on the trip.
Will there be other expenses I should be prepared for?
Yes, as our tour prices do not include taxes, optional travel insurance, tips and lunches, miscellaneous fees such as individual transfers, laundry, beverages at meals, excess baggage and items of personal nature.
What methods of payment do you accept?
You can pay by personal check (if received more than 90 days before departure), by credit card (Visa or Mastercard), or through PayPal (no account is required).
Do you provide travel insurance?
It is strongly recommended that you have travel insurance. We offer Travel Protection Plan coverage through Travelex. Click here to learn more about our Travel Protection Plan.
What types of hotels will we be staying in? What hotel services are offered?
Our clients always stay in first class tourist hotels unless a group asks for a different type of accommodation. In such cases, we offer a number of different hotel options, and we work closely with the group’s leaders to find the one that best meets their needs. Of course, all rooms include a private bath, TV and phone services. Other services offered by the hotels we use include dining rooms and lecture rooms.
Is the group size limited?
Our customized tours can be designed for any size of group. Typically, our group size ranges from 15 to 45 participants. However, you and your group leaders ultimately control the number of participants on your trip.
Will we have a tour guide or a Yael Group representative with us at all times on our tour?
Yes. We provide highly experienced tour guides and representatives to every group, all of whom are English speakers (unless a group specifically requests a guide who speaks a language other than Hebrew and English).
Is there a dress code at many of the sites we’ll visit?
Dress codes vary from city to city and from site to site. In the religious sites (such as churches or the Western Wall), you will be expected to dress modestly. For women, this typically means shirts with sleeves, skirts to the knee (or below) or slacks. Men must also wear shirts with sleeves and should avoid short pants.
When will we meet your representative?
As you would expect, you will meet either your tour guide or a Yael Adventures representative upon arrival in Israel. For all clients who purchase their flight with us and arrive as planned, we provide transfer services from the airport to the hotel. Customized groups will also enjoy a pre-tour presentation in the city of departure before traveling.
Can someone with walking difficulties participate in the tour?
The tours differ in the amount of walking needed, according to their itinerary. Our professional staff will be happy to assist you in deciding which program would be best for you. Please be sure to tell us about the challenges you will be facing in the tour. In this way, we can discuss options available for you that will ensure the tour meets your needs.
Are there any special preparations I need to make or special items I should take with me on the tour?
Yes, and these are all spelled out in the lists below. When registering, you should be able to answer these questions:
- Do you have the exact dates of the tour and how many people you would like to register?
- Do you have a valid passport, one which is valid for at least six months after the return date of your trip?
- Do you have a travel companion you’ll be rooming with?
- Are you prepared to pay a deposit of $350 for each person traveling with you?
- Have you scheduled your full payment?
- Do you wish to purchase travel insurance?
- Have you sent a signed registration form to Yael Adventures, either on-line or by mail?
100 days before departure, you should be able to answer these questions in the affirmative:
- Yes, I have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the return date of my trip (as do all those traveling with me.)
- Yes, I have a visa to Israel. (Please note that US and Canadian citizens do not need a visa to Israel.)
- Yes, all my flights are booked, and I have a confirmation number.
- Yes, I paid in full for me and for each person traveling with me.
14 days before departure, you must be able to answer these questions in the affirmative:
- Yes, I have all my flight tickets
- Yes, I have travel insurance (or have declined to purchase it). Packing and special items (Please note that you are limited to one suitcase and one carry-on): * Passport * Visas (if needed) * Medications * Sunglasses * Bible * A hat (one with a wide brim is advisable) * Sunscreen * Plug adapter (please note: the electricity in Israel is 240 Volts) * Umbrella * Waterproof jacket (if traveling during the winter months) * Camera * Modest dress (kerchief + long sleeve shirt + long pants) * Prescription glasses or contact lenses with a spare one
If I don’t have a travel companion, will I be expected to pay the supplemental for single room?
Our prices are based on two persons sharing one room, but we are happy to work with single travelers to check the possibility of finding roommates for them.
Single accommodation is also available at an additional cost.